Thanks to the Student’s Council of the Technical University of Sofia we organize a serious long-term course in Java and Java EE in the Technical University of Sofia. The course will be held each Saturday (all the day) in the Technical University of Sofia, starting in the middle of October 2010 and will finish in June 2011.
The course curriculum includes the most important concepts and technologies regarding Java and Java EE application development. The preliminary course program is as follows:
- Introduction to Java Programming – Loops, Arrays, Collections, Input/Output, Object-Oriented Programming, etc.
- Introduction to Java Programming – Practical Exam
- Databases and XML – Relational Databases, Data Modeling, SQL, Oracle, Hibernate ORM Engine, JPA, XML, JAXP
- Databases and XML – Practical Exam
- Java Web Development – Servlets, JSP, Tomcat, JavaServer Faces (JSF), JBoss RichFaces
- Java Web Development – Practical Exam
- Spring Framework – Inversion of Control Containers, Dependency Injection, Integrating Spring with Hibernate and JSF
- Web Development with Spring – Practical Exam
- Java EE Fundamentals – Java EE Architecture, Application Servers, JMS, EJB, Web Services, etc.
The Training Process
The trainings will consist of lectures (presentations, examples, live demonstrations), practical work in class (exercises) and practical work at home (course projects that will be defended at the exams). Students are expected to bring their own laptop in class.
The team behind this course are senior software engineers with lots of experience with Java and Java EE development, holding good teaching skills:
- Mario Peshev – http://www.peshev.net
- Mihail Stoynov – http://mihail.stoynov.com/blog/
- Miroslav Nachev – http://bg.linkedin.com/in/mnachev
- Radoslav Ivanov – http://ch.linkedin.com/in/radoslavivanov
- Rosen Spasov – http://bg.linkedin.com/in/rosenspasov
- Danail Alexiev
- Svetlin Nakov – http://blog.nakov.com
We still don’t have a starting date, but it will be in October 2010.